Make Time to Make a Difference
Join the Encompass family and become a Hospice Volunteer. Encompass is looking for volunteers to provide companionship and support to patients during their final months and weeks of life. Volunteers provide non-medical services and respite time for caregivers and family members.
As a Hospice Volunteer you will be given choices as to how much and what types of things you want to do. Here are just a few specific ways Hospice Volunteers can help.
- provide companionship and socialization
- help with general office support
- run errands for patients and families
- play games, read and listen to music with patients
- walk/care for family pets
- assist with light house cleaning
- create a photo album of patient and family
- write a journal or life story with patients, to give to family
Encompass values the generosity of our volunteers and provides training and ongoing support.
For more information or to request an application, please email [email protected]